Hi, I'm Bruce Johnson
I live and work remotely in Prince Edward County.
For the past three decades Jansson Media, my company, has helped many businesses sell their products, services and ideas by providing them with fresh ideas, marketing and advertising solutions.
FACT: Attention spans are at an all-time low:
• This may explain the trend towards shorter video ads (6-15 seconds);
• These ads designed for one purpose… to try and beat you to the SKIP ADS button.
So, what does a goldfish have to do with any of this?
Expand the READ MORE button, the info to follow is fairly interesting…
OK, so, a gold fish has an attention span of nine seconds which is interesting because a Microsoft study concluded:
• People generally lose concentration after eight seconds;
• This is due to the effects of an increasingly digitalized lifestyle on the brain;
Neuroscientists at MIT say:
• Our brains can identify images seen for as little as 13 milliseconds;
• 6 seconds = 6,000 milliseconds = one heck of a lot of identifiable image possibilities!
Do the math…
In 6 seconds, our brains can process up to 462 images!
Now I get why there are so many 6-second ads on YouTube:
• You can't skip them;
• Our brains are forced to process up to 462 images!
A BIT ABOUT MY CREDENTIALS
I started out as a newspaper layout/production artist in the mid-70’s and worked my way up to Art Director of Advertising at the Toronto Sun.
My first ad was cut and paste. By the late eighties:
• I was using Photoshop, Illustrator and Quark – game changers – to create print ads and editorial pages.
From the Sun I branched out and formed a boutique Toronto retail ad agency…
… my ad agency, August Jansson Advertising, was founded in 1994. The agency quickly expanded with another office in Waterloo taking on B2B clients.
As the web grew and its potential became obvious:
- I added Dreamweaver, Flash and eventually some HTML to my tool box.
- I launched my first website in 1995 for a large independent home electronics chain in Toronto (2001 Audio Video)
August Jansson Advertising had quite a run for over 15 years.
- We never had business cards and an unlisted phone number.
- All of our business came to us through personal recommendations of people I worked with over the years.
TRIVIA: The Toronto Sun sent me and the IT Manager to Boston to purchase a $150K laser printer (direct to film). While there, we met Steve Jobs at his presentation for "NEXT" – but since it kept crashing throughout the presentation, I can't really comment on it, but it was a thrill to meet Jobs!
READ SAMPLE CHAPTERS HERE
Choose Your Favourite eBook Format Here
SIGN UP for Paperback Edition Signed by Author (LIMITED EDITION)
EVERY BOOK SALE = A DONATION TO CHARITY
Donating proceeds from books sales is one of the best ways authors and publishers can give back to the community, and TRB couldn't agree more. That's why 50% of this book's sales will be donated to a children's charity in Central America to buy things like wheelchairs…
MORE ABOUT THE CHARITIES
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Terrance Robert Brown is a caring individual, a consummate creator, visionary, and charismatic public speaker. He is a business leader and inspirational manager.
Today, in addition to writing a full-time, Terrance Robert Brown reserves a great deal of his time volunteering and fundraising for charity, as he has done so his entire adult.
This decades-long passion for helping others was inspired by a near death experience. While passing through the Canadian Rockies on a treacherous winter's eve, his car slid off the road plummeting down a 300 ft. cliff …
MORE ABOUT THE AUTHOR
WHO DOESN'T LIKE A GOOD CONSPIRACY?
GOT SOMETHING TO TELL US?
We Live in the Golden Age of Conspiracies
Alternative facts, fake news, the deep state… so many wonderful conspiracies.
And who doesn't enjoy a good conspiracy theory? That's why you're here, right?
SIGN UP NOW & SHARE
Join us and share your best theories with our newsletter group. We especially welcome the thoughts of paranoid idiots! You may not realize it, but your unhinged beliefs sometimes sew the seeds for a thrilling novel in the future!
Vote for the Best Conspiracy Theory
The sole purpose of this monthly newsletter is for the entertainment of our fringe-movement fans and would-be conspirators. Each time we will feature the best conspiracy theories from our newsletter group. Then, we'll vote for the best, most unhinged whacked-out conspiracy theory of them all and crown the Biggest Paranoid Idiot of the Year!
Join The Conspiracy Times Newsletter!